none
Same datatype for every column in a table. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My perception of the table is they keep the data type from the sql database, right?

So how could I unify them to one data type,say, all set to be String. Is it done in XML or else?

Thanks for your answer.

Friday, August 16, 2019 5:49 AM

Answers

• Hi M.Shami,

To set the format of one column/ columns, I thinks to set it in the design view of tablix property would be easier than to set it in .rdl XML definition.

There is no direct string format for the column, you could use VB expression ,add .ToString to the value expression, for the column value to achieve this goal. You could take a look at similar thread Can I change the type of a column to a text format is SSRS .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by M.Shami Friday, August 16, 2019 9:46 AM
    Friday, August 16, 2019 6:32 AM

All replies

• Not clear what you mean and why would one "unify data types", a number is a number and a date is a date, so can you explain more detailed what you are trying to achieve here?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, August 16, 2019 6:02 AM
  • Hi M.Shami,

To set the format of one column/ columns, I thinks to set it in the design view of tablix property would be easier than to set it in .rdl XML definition.

There is no direct string format for the column, you could use VB expression ,add .ToString to the value expression, for the column value to achieve this goal. You could take a look at similar thread Can I change the type of a column to a text format is SSRS .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by M.Shami Friday, August 16, 2019 9:46 AM
    Friday, August 16, 2019 6:32 AM