none
The Operation could not Completed. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Question

• Good Day All

i am producing an XML from a Query and on result pane i clicked the XML results and it showed my XML nicely, now i wanted to save it in my local machine as an XML file, i clicked the save's and chooses the location and when i click on save it gave me this error

The Operation could not Completed. Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

My XML 50 Megs

Thanks
    Vuyiswa Maseko
    • Moved by Tom Phillips Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:09 PM Tools question (From:SQL Server Database Engine)
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:19 AM

All replies

• OS build and SQL Server version please ...Also please post errors from the errorlogs and Sys/app logs if any ...that will help ...

Abhay Chaudhary OCP 9i, MCTS/MCITP (SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2005 BI) ms-abhay.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:50 AM
  • I am using XP SP 2 64 Bit and SQL is 2005

thanks

Vuyiswa Maseko
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:51 AM
  • You cannot vote on your own post

I am using XP SP 2 64 Bit and SQL is 2005

thanks

Vuyiswa Maseko
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:52 AM
  • Possible silly question, but you do have the correct permissions to write to the location you're trying to save the file in to, and even sillier, the disk space/quota isn't entirely consumed?

Also in some file transfer situations, it writes the file to a temporary location on the c: drive while it's creating it, and then does a file copy to the directory you specified, again just double check disk space and permissions there perhaps?

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Good Day Stephen

This is my Development machine, i am an Administrator in this machine and i have 350 GIG free space.

Thanks

Vuyiswa Maseko
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:53 AM
  • Also please post errors from the errorlogs and Sys/app logs if any ...that will help ...
    Abhay Chaudhary OCP 9i, MCTS/MCITP (SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2005 BI) ms-abhay.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:56 AM
  • I suspect Memory Leak. Please check the memory usage on the server where you are trying to save the file. A quick reboot can help

Pradeep Adiga
    My blog: http://www.sqldbadiaries.com

Recent posts on my blog
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:56 AM
  • here is the Log

A significant part of sql server process memory has been paged out. This may result in a performance degradation. Duration: 7211 seconds. Working set (KB): 24904, committed (KB): 78912, memory utilization: 31%%.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Vuyiswa Maseko
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:08 AM
  • I am not very sure if this is the root cause .But if it is then please follwo another thread which is marked complete a few days back .

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqldatabaseengine/thread/f93ca131-eb49-402d-adb7-26d186d938fb/

Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:28 AM
  • This could also be a problem with TempDb; it might be worth considering a restart of SQL Server...
    Tony C
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:29 AM
  • i have cleared the tempdb and restarted the machine but it still happens
    Vuyiswa Maseko
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:48 PM