www.resdiary.com RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have instances of our web app, Resdiary, on US and ASSE servers on Azure.

We are considering doing business in China but note that although www.resdiary.com is not blocked by the GCF our api.resdiary.com and widget.resdiary.com sites are blocked.

Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

Firstly, I tried to access the "widget.resdiary.com", and it works fine in China region. How did you get those sites is blocked? 

Secondly, I am not sure what is GCF meanings, is it global cooperation framework?  If GCF is,from the technical view, you could host your application on Azure east Asia region. It could improve the performance for Asia users. But about law or policy view, it is beyond our control.

If I am misunderstanding, please let me know.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 5, 2014 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What happens when you try to access those websites?
    Do you get any error message?

I would request you to provide us more information with exact error message, so that we can assist you better.

Regards,
    Azam Khan

Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:23 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Firstly, I tried to access the "widget.resdiary.com", and it works fine in China region. How did you get those sites is blocked? 

Secondly, I am not sure what is GCF meanings, is it global cooperation framework?  If GCF is,from the technical view, you could host your application on Azure east Asia region. It could improve the performance for Asia users. But about law or policy view, it is beyond our control.

If I am misunderstanding, please let me know.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, September 5, 2014 9:03 AM
  • Hi, Michael. It appears as though none of these sites is an Azure Websites site. They appear to either be web roles or sites hosted on an Azure IaaS VM. Can you please confirm?

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 4:43 PM