none
SSUS 2012 Script Component (VB) Build But Still Has Compile Error RRS feed

• Question

• The title says it all really.

The Script Component builds without error but when I close the editor (and when I execute the package), I get a message saying that there is a compile error. There is of course a big red "X on the script component. No errors are indicated in the edit window or when building the script. Can anyone help? this is really holding me up.

The script has been copied from a working SSIS 2008 package. It uses the report execution web method. I have successfully changed the web reference to ReportExcution2010, there doesn't seem to be a RepprtExcution2012.

R Campbell

Friday, November 7, 2014 12:29 AM

Answers

• It's probably best to close thread and that I start a new one. I think that I have gone off on a tangent here. Yes SSIS isn't doing much of a job in reporting errors but my main concern is the error itself.

I am trying to port an SSIS Script Task from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012. Is uses the ReportExecution2005 web service to run SSRS reports. The really strange thing is that, even though the same web reference is used, different methods seem to be available in SQL 2008 and SQL 2012. This doesn't sound right to me, if you refer to the same Web Service you should see the same metros or am I wrong about that.

For example in SQL 2008 there is ReportExecutionService object but on the SQL 2012 to service there only seems to be ReportExecutionServiceSOAPClient.

R Campbell

• Marked as answer by Dick Campbell Friday, November 7, 2014 6:46 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 6:46 AM

All replies

• If I add a reference to the SSRS Report Execution Web Service (http://localhost/reportserver/reportexecution2005.asmx) to an empty script task, the methods all appear and the script builds without error but I get a compile error when I close the script editor (the same problem in other words). So the problem would seem to be with the Web Reference.

R Campbell

Friday, November 7, 2014 1:29 AM
  • It's probably best to close thread and that I start a new one. I think that I have gone off on a tangent here. Yes SSIS isn't doing much of a job in reporting errors but my main concern is the error itself.

I am trying to port an SSIS Script Task from SQL 2008 to SQL 2012. Is uses the ReportExecution2005 web service to run SSRS reports. The really strange thing is that, even though the same web reference is used, different methods seem to be available in SQL 2008 and SQL 2012. This doesn't sound right to me, if you refer to the same Web Service you should see the same metros or am I wrong about that.

For example in SQL 2008 there is ReportExecutionService object but on the SQL 2012 to service there only seems to be ReportExecutionServiceSOAPClient.

R Campbell

• Marked as answer by Dick Campbell Friday, November 7, 2014 6:46 AM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 6:46 AM