none
Repair Internet Explorer in my Windows 10 PC RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 10 PC and I used only Internet Explorer to surf on web, I don't not installed any Antivirus software in my computer. Yesterday night I was surfing on the web then Internet explorer has been damaged by some Malware/spyware, I am trying to open IE but it is not opening and Icon is not working. How to repair Internet explorer please help.
    Saturday, January 18, 2020 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Mr. David

Sometimes Internet Explorer has crashed when Adware/Spyware/Malware attacks. But don't worry this is normal issue and you can fix it easily. Your PC is currently infected with Malware and Your Internet explorer is blocked by Malware so you need to first remove Malware from your Computer After that It will be working fine. 

Here are some steps to Repair Internet Explorer and you need to perform in the following order:

1.By removing Malware

- Open Start. Click the Windows 10 logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen.

- Scroll down and find "Windows Defender Security Center". It's in the "W" section of the Start menu. You can also find it by typing "Windows Defender" in the search section.

- Click on the Windows defender Menu button. You'll see this in the top-left corner of the window.

- Click on "Virus & threat protection".

- Click on Advanced scan. It's below the Quick scan button in the middle of the page.

Click check on "Full Scan"

Click on "Scan now". It is in the middle of the page. This will begin scanning your PC for malware.

After the scan completed restart your Computer then Open Internet Explorer to see if it's working.

Please refer to the article How to repair internet explorer by removing Malware.

2. Goto Start > Run and type “sfc /scannow” (without the quotes), once it goes through its workings, restart the computer. If this does not fix IE then go to step 3

3. Goto the registry by click to Start > Run and typing “regedit”. Once in the registry navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

And either add or modify the existing key IsInstalled to the value of “0”. Then reinstall IE and reboot the system.

Hope all above could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Jennifer

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, January 18, 2020 9:20 AM
  • Thank you so much Jennifer to provide me best Answer, Now i am going to follow these steps.
    Saturday, January 18, 2020 12:39 PM