none
SSAS Error: method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdConnection StringBuilder.Is Azure() RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I execute an SSIS package that updates an SSAS Tabular Model via Visual Studio 2017 everything is fine.

When I run the same package using SQL Server 2016 Execute Package Utility I get this error:

Error: method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdConnection StringBuilder.Is Azure()

This all started after I upgraded VS from 2015 Pro to 2017 Pro. I get the same error on my personal PC running Windows 10 and on the server running Win Server 2012.

Thanks!

Saturday, April 21, 2018 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi SharonDv,

Thanks for your question.

>>>This all started after I upgraded VS from 2015 Pro to 2017 Pro. I get the same error on my personal PC running Windows 10 and on the server running Win Server 2012.
    According to your description, it seems like a issue of VS. Would you mind sharing the detailed steps to reproduce this issue?

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, April 23, 2018 11:59 AM
  • We are getting same error when we upgrade sql server 2016 from sp1 to sp2.Looks like its a big bug in sql server 2016 and 2017 versions.Guys please don't upgrade until microsoft fixes this issue
    • Edited by jags10 Sunday, May 6, 2018 3:07 PM
    Sunday, May 6, 2018 3:07 PM
  • We have the same issue.
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:06 AM
  • Hi Yuri,

Thanks for your question.

Please refer to below thread:

SSIS job related to Cube processing  is  failing after upgraded the sql server 2016 sp1 to sp2

This issue was just fixed in the following which were released last week:

• SQL Server 2016 SP1 CU9

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54613

• SQL Server 2016 SP2 CU1

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56975

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 7:25 AM
  • Is a restart needed after installing the cumulative update?
    Friday, August 3, 2018 1:25 PM
  • Thank you - this resolved my issue

'Boolean Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdConnection StringBuilder.Is Azure()

I received this error message when attempting to run an SSIS package for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018 Analysis Cubes running SQL Server 2016 SP2.  Once I installed CU1 for SQL Server 2016 SP2, I no longer had the error and the SSIS packages ran OK.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:45 PM
  • Hi SharepointUser007,

Glad to know that resolve your issue and thanks for the feedback.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 1, 2019 1:01 AM