none
How to match replay results with trace file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I captured a trace into an SQL table with SQL Profiler and template TSQL_Replay. I replay now this trace and I choose to have the trace results saved into an SQL table. Some results indicate that there was an error.

How do I find, which event produced the error? Unfortunately in the replay results, the column EventSequence is not included. Is there an option to have the column EventSequence be included in the replay results, or is there some other way to match replay results with trace events?

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I captured a trace into an SQL table with SQL Profiler and template TSQL_Replay. I replay now this trace and I choose to have the trace results saved into an SQL table. Some results indicate that there was an error.

How do I find, which event produced the error? Unfortunately in the replay results, the column EventSequence is not included. Is there an option to have the column EventSequence be included in the replay results, or is there some other way to match replay results with trace events?

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:31 PM
  • Did you have Exception  event under Errors and Warnings ?

https://nimblegecko.com/how-to-trace-sql-server-database-errors-and-exceptions-with-sql-profiler/

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:31 PM
    Answerer
  • I created the trace with the TSQL_Replay template. This template, does not record the Exception event, therefore the trace file, which I replay, does not have Exception events.

The article you refer is not about trace replaying. 

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 1:45 PM