none
Confused about SSRS and how to Install it RRS feed

• Question

• Stuck getting SSRS to work

Sorry for the vague title. A little background info, at work we have a client that stopped using Crystal Reports due to not wanting to pay licensing anymore (eyeroll) so, they are using SSRS instead. They think there might be a bug with the software we provide to run the reports in SSRS. So i figured let me get SSRS running to see if I can replicate the issue.

So I downloaded SQL server Reporting Services and Report builder. I installed SSRS and created a ReportServer DB basically just did the basic setup, end up getting a web service URL etc all looks good.

Some questions:

Do I use the Built-In account (Virtual Service Account)? Right now i chose another account and am using the Account i log into my PC with (which has the reportserver DB and SQL server all installed on this machine anyway) so not sure if this is trivial

Post image

Post image

Post image

Post image

I was asked to create an ecryption key also at one point but then when i could not even connect to the SSRS server i read somewhere to delete encrypted content. However the page always has the option to delete encrypted content so not sure if this is even working.

Post image

Also read on TechNet that i needed to have Report Services feature installed for my SQL server 2016. So i added that feature

When i originally installed SQL server 2016 i did not install Report Services as a Feature.

Now i have two Configuration Panels

One is Report Server Configuration Manager (RABOULISSAN-DT\SSRS) and the other is Reporting Services Configuration Manager

Post image

This is what I see when i paste the Web URL

Post image

However i get this when i try to run the report within our specified application

Post image

Sorry for the bloody Presentation here, just thought someone may know what I am doing wrong. I might just re-install SSRS and see if that does anything.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The Reporting Service Configuration Manager and Report Server configuration Manager are two SSRS configurations, one is SSRS2016 another is SSRS2017.

SSRS2017 is the standalone app you download. 

SSRS2016 is the one the build in the SQL Server2016 package.

-----------------------

In your fourth pic, I found that you haven't click the apply button. You need to apply the address to make it work.

I would recommend to watch this video to see how things arranged:

SQL Server Reporting Service Configuration

Besides, the account in the first picture not matters in this case.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:44 AM