none
SSRS Report Viewer for ASP NET CORE RRS feed

All replies

• BTW: I'm already aware of how to leverage calls to SSRS APIs to render and stream a report. As well, I am also aware of Alan Judens custom report viewer for NET CORE (https://www.nuget.org/packages/AlanJuden.MvcReportViewer.NetCore/). 

PP

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 5:06 PM
  • Hi Paul Patterson,

I am sorry for your inconvenience, current workaround is the AlanJuden's suggestion, you could refer to this blog for detail. And you could vote for your suggestion in feedback link in your previous post. Let's look forward this application together.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:33 AM
  • It is very weird that there is third party solutions for report viewer to work on ASP.NET Core.  Is there any internal conflict of interest for Microsoft not develop this tool for us, or ASP.NET Core or Report Server is not an option for development?  It is a long time that developers are asking for it and no answer. 

Celso

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:57 PM
  • It's frustrating as can be. I've been struggling with this issue since my first customer moved to MVC many years ago. I sometimes feel like no one has bothered to tell the team that MS has moved beyond web forms.

Side note: with SSRS 2017 and core 2, AlanJuden's report viewer doesn't work any more. I know Syncfusion's report viewer for their in house report server also worked great with SSRS 2016 BUT it also broke come 2017.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:56 PM
  • BTW: I'm already aware of how to leverage calls to SSRS APIs to render and stream a report.

PP

Can you elaborate this a bit? When you're talking about calling the API are you talking about the SOAP service or their new REST service? If it's the REST service, can you point me in a direction on how you're rendering the report from that? So far I haven't been able to find anything about that. Near as I can tell it's just for general admin stuff and I would LOVE to be proven wrong on that aspect. Please tell me I'm wrong.
    Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:00 PM