none
Rename Job created by Subscription in SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• I have created some SSRS subscription which is generating as UNIQUE ID(GUID) in msdb.dbo.sysjobs. But now i want to rename these IDs to a proper name which will easy for maintenance.

I renamed the job and never change anything in the subscription but i can see everyday early morning (8.51 AM) all the auto jobs is generating in Sql agent with GUID.

And I receive 2 emails.

Is there any way i can rename it and next time when Subscription run it should not generate new Job?

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Khushboo dubey,

Based on my research, we cannot rename the job name automatically generated by SQL Server, but we can correspond the Job ID to the report and subscription using the script above.

Regards,
    Henry 

Friday, August 4, 2017 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Khushboo dubey,

The GUID of agent job is generated by SQL Server automatically, when a subscription is defined, a corresponding agent job is created. It is necessary to generate a job to drive the subscription process. You could refer to Subscriptions and delivery (Reporting Services) for subscription principles. 

If you find the GUID is difficult to recognize, you could try to run script to match GUID with subscription. 

SELECT Subscriptions.Description AS SubscriptionName
    	  ,Schedule.ScheduleID AS JobID
    	  ,Catalog.Name AS ReportName
    FROM dbo.Subscriptions
    	INNER JOIN dbo.ReportSchedule
    		ON ReportSchedule.SubscriptionID = Subscriptions.SubscriptionID
    	INNER JOIN dbo.Schedule
    		ON ReportSchedule.ScheduleID = Schedule.ScheduleID
    	INNER JOIN dbo.Catalog
    		ON ReportSchedule.ReportID = Catalog.ItemID
    		AND Subscriptions.Report_OID = Catalog.ItemID
    ORDER BY CAST(Schedule.ScheduleID AS VARCHAR(100))

Below is my testing result:

Reference: How to Match Your Subcription Names with its Job Id

How to easily identify a scheduled SQL Server Reporting Services report

Best Regards,

Henry 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 8:30 AM
  • Hi Henry,

Thanks for the reply

So then there is no way we can rename the Job?because if I rename it ,the next day it create another job automatically sending 2 emails :(

If we cannot rename it ,can we create some pattern for naming it,so that SQL server generate the name based on that pattern?

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 11:08 PM
  • Hi Khushboo dubey,

Based on my research, we cannot rename the job name automatically generated by SQL Server, but we can correspond the Job ID to the report and subscription using the script above.

Regards,
    Henry 

Friday, August 4, 2017 10:00 AM