Visual Studio 2015 class and method name dropdown lists not working RRS feed

• Question

• Just got a Visual Studio 2015 license to migrate a solution I have been working on Studio 2013.   And found that the class and method name dropdown lists are not working and I can not navigate in the class.  Found some similar posts for Studio 2013 (ID  874877, ID 873240) but this never was a problem and still not a problem for me in Studio 2013, since I still have the virtual box where I made all the developing (using similar virtual setup for studio 2015 running in same computer).

I did found that no navigation will work if I select any object in the FORM class, unless I manually select an event in the third list, even if the event is already shown.  For example if I select a button in the FORM class, if the Click event is already selected, it will not navigate unless I manually select it again.

But most of the times the event list is not showing the proper info.  Is like the event list is not updating at all or looking to the wrong index.  I had situations where there is no item selected on the event list at all.   So navigating through the project needs to steps always.  No matter the monitor used.

Monday, September 21, 2015 7:25 AM

Answers

• Hi wliam,

>>And found that the class and method name dropdown lists are not working and I can not navigate in the class.

Could you share us a screen shot about this issue? What is the real issue in your side?

Is it related to the Navigation bar under TOOLS->Options->Text Editor->like C#-> General->Navigation bar?

Do you mean that you could get all list items for class and methods in your VS2013? But you couldn't get them after you update them to VS2015, am I right?

If so, could you share me a simple sample of the VS2013? So I could really test it in my side using the VS2015.

Maybe you need to make sure that whether you could really run your app normally. Or you could create  a blank solution, and then add all project files to this new blank solution, test it again. Generally we could use this way if the project files are corrupted.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

You could attach your Visual Studio project, you can upload it to the one drive, and then share the download link in your post. Please also attach a screenshot image in your post.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:11 AM

All replies

• Hi wliam,

>>And found that the class and method name dropdown lists are not working and I can not navigate in the class.

Could you share us a screen shot about this issue? What is the real issue in your side?

Is it related to the Navigation bar under TOOLS->Options->Text Editor->like C#-> General->Navigation bar?

Do you mean that you could get all list items for class and methods in your VS2013? But you couldn't get them after you update them to VS2015, am I right?

If so, could you share me a simple sample of the VS2013? So I could really test it in my side using the VS2015.

Maybe you need to make sure that whether you could really run your app normally. Or you could create  a blank solution, and then add all project files to this new blank solution, test it again. Generally we could use this way if the project files are corrupted.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

You could attach your Visual Studio project, you can upload it to the one drive, and then share the download link in your post. Please also attach a screenshot image in your post.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Not sure if this the correct place to enter this.

If not please contact me at trw@tpri.com

Do you happen to know how to get the contents of the drop lists to sort?

In this example the Load event has code and is shown in bold font.

I am looking for the option to sort the list first by events with code and then alpha numeric.

The result would be bringing all of the events that have any code behind them to the top of the list.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:32 PM