none
jsPDF in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 
    I am using the jsPDF library in my application to display PDFs and save them, but in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge I cant make it work.

Is there any way to generate a PDF in these browsers? (It is essential that the PDF first be displayed before downloading directly).

I have seen a message from 2017 that they have asked the same but have no answers, if someone has found the solution to this I would appreciate your response.

Thank you,

Greetings.
    Monday, June 3, 2019 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi pablosv30,

I try to check the browser support for JSPDF library and looks like it can work with IE and MS Edge browsers.

What browsers does this support?

I suggest you to describe your issue in detail. What is not working actually? Did you got any error? If yes, please show your error message. 

Try to provide a sample code so that we can try to make a test to reproduce the issue to see the result.

If you just want to display the PDF before downloading that it can be consider as a development issue. 

You should check whether JSPDF provide this functionality to display the PDF in browser or not.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 9:05 AM
  • Hello,

I use this sentence that works in Chrome and Firefox:

window.open(doc.output('bloburl'));

since I need to show PDF in a new window.

The error that I have:

1. SEC7134: No se permite cargar el recurso 'blob:http://localhost:8080/fe93a486-c79a-4a4c-a7a5-f25b94787e74'.

2. SCRIPT5: SCRIPT5: Acceso denegado.

In english would be that its not allowed to load the resouce and that I have access denied. 

Thanks.

Greetings.

• Edited by pablosv30 Monday, June 3, 2019 2:05 PM
    Monday, June 3, 2019 2:04 PM
  • You have any solution? 

Thank you!

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 3:08 PM
  • Hi pablosv30,

From the error message, it looks like permission related issue.

You can try to consult your administrator to get the necessary permission.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 3:36 PM
  • The problem is that I cant open a 'blob' in a new window. Is there any way I can do it in Microsoft Edge?

Thank you.

Monday, June 10, 2019 6:52 AM
  • Hi pablosv30,

As per your 1 line of code. Window.open will open a new window but you are getting access denied error. We don't know which other code is there.

If you post any working example that can produce the issue than we can try to make a test with it to check for the issue.

It can help us to understand the issue in better way and we can help you to find any possible solution or work around.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:43 AM