/DataSets({Id})/Model.GetData SSRS Webapi 2.0 endpoint not returning the data.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been trying to consume the ssrs 2.0 web api endpoint -/DataSets({Id})/Model.GetData but it is throwing error - 

The data set could not be processed.

for reason that I am not able to understand. I can clearly see the dataset in the reportserver db, catalog table with its image content. I am also able to convert the content into xml and look the structure which is totally correct. So no changes of corrupt data..

My Dataset runs a query which takes three parameters- The schema of the shared dataset is-

"Parameters": [
            {
                "Name": "@StartDate",
                "DefaultValue": null,
                "Nullable": false,
                "DataType": "String",
                "IsExpression": false,
                "IsMultiValued": false
            },
            {
                "Name": "@EndDate",
            },
            {
                "Name": "@City",
            }
        ]

Still after passing all the required parameters, I am getting error

{
      "error": {
        "code": "220",
        "message": "The data set could not be processed."
      }

}

Can somebody, please help me come out of this error?

• Edited by Rahul Ranjan1988 Monday, July 20, 2020 8:51 AM Corrected the description.
    Monday, July 20, 2020 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

What error info did we get here from SSRS error log?

Could the dataset be viewed correctly in SSRS web portal?

Have you, in the API calling, input you authentication info, you account and password?

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

I couldn't find the error log file on my local machine from where I could read the error info and get it to you..Please provide me the location of the log folder. if possible.(I don' t find Log folder on my ProgramFiles/SqlServer folder itself.)

Also, yes the dataset can be viewed correctly in SSRS web portal. Data is being loaded over there once the required parameters values are being passed.

And, yes in the API calling I have indeed included my authentication info through which various other endpoints of SSRS web api is working.

Seems to be some problem with the GetData endpoint.
    Please let me know where to view the error log file of SSRS server deployed.

Thanks

Rahul Ranjan

Saturday, July 25, 2020 1:17 PM
  • The log file location  is normally :C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services\SSRS\LogFiles

Is this a shared dataset? Does it contain parameter?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 3:48 AM
  • Yes it is a shared dataset and yes, it does contains the parameters filling which loads  data pretty quickly when I try to look it on the server, and so I have the problem with web api response.

And going to the mentioned file location, to see the logs , I find this..

Sorry for the delayed response, somehow I was not getting notifications for this ticket..

• Edited by Rahul Ranjan1988 Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:40 PM Corrected the description.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:36 PM
  • Yes it is a shared dataset and yes, it does contains the parameters filling which loads  data pretty quickly when I try to look it on the server, and so I have the problem with web api response.

And going to the mentioned file location, to see the logs , I find this..

Sorry for the delayed response, somehow I was not getting notifications for this ticket..

Please answer

Rahul Ranjan

Wednesday, August 12, 2020 12:53 PM