none
SSIS Script Component fails within SQL Server Agent Job (SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ComponentVersionMismatchException) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Environment: 

• SQL Server 2016 
    • Visual Studio 2017
    • SSIS Data Flow Script Component (Type: Source, ScriptLanguage: Microsoft Visual C# 2017)

Within a script component just a simple row generation within a loop. 

Visual Studio 2017 installed on the same host as SQL Server 2016. 

Problem

When I run the package from Visual Studio - it works. 

When I deploy project and run the package as a step within SQL Server Agent job - it fails with the error message: 

Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ComponentVersionMismatchException: The version of GENERATE Records is not compatible with this version of the DataFlow. [[The version or pipeline version or both for the specified component is higher than the current version. This package was probably created on a new version of DTS or the component than is installed on the current PC.]] at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostCheckAndPerformUpgrade(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 IPipelineVersion)

What's done: 

• I've already tried the flag to execute the job in 32-bit runtime environment. 
    • I've tried various deployment options. 

SQL Server 2016 is stated to be supported by Visual Studio 2017. Does anyone here has an experience of using Script Component within VS2017 on top of the SQL Server 2016. Is this a known issue or just specific to some type of environments/configurations? 

Friday, February 9, 2018 1:38 AM

All replies

• SQL Server 2016 is stated to be supported by Visual Studio 2017.

Yes, but you have to set "TargetServerVersion" in project properties to SSIS 2016 & recompile the Project, see SSDT VS2015 Gotcha – Target Server Version – new feature

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, February 9, 2018 6:54 AM
  • I am getting exactly same error.

Let me explore the options to fix the issue.

Will update this thread after fixing this issue.

Environment: 

• SQL Server 2016 
    • Visual Studio 2015
    • SSIS Data Flow Script Component (Type: Source, ScriptLanguage: Microsoft Visual C# 2015)

For SSIS Project Target Server Version was Set to SQL Server 2016 

Solution:

I was getting this error when I was deploying package only which has script Component.

When I deployed whole project It worked fine.

Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote

Friday, April 26, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Project  deployment, SQL server 2016 -target  version  , visual studio 2017 , but still same error.How did you achieve the solution ?
    Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:23 AM
  • HOW DID YOU SOLVE THIS ISSUE?
    Friday, July 19, 2019 4:53 AM
  • was this issue ever resolved?
    Monday, June 22, 2020 11:26 PM
  • Solution:

I was getting this error when I was deploying package only which has script Component.

When I deployed whole project It worked fine.

Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 1:34 AM