How to overcome the error "The query processor ran out of internal resources and could not produce a query plan. This is a rare event and only expected for extremely complex queries or queries that reference a very large number of tables or partitions.". RRS feed

• Question

• After executing the query below the error has appeared "The query processor ran out of internal resources and could not produce a query plan. This is a rare event and only expected for extremely complex queries or queries that reference a very large number of tables or partitions. Please simplify the query. If you believe you have received this message in error, contact Customer Support Services for more information." . How can i solve this issue. If any options is there to specify the maximum size of string in a query. The query is given below.

*,SELECT COCLV.OBJECT_ID,CLM.LOV_ID,CLM.CHAR_ID,COCLV.OBJECT_REV_NO, CLM.LOV_VALUE, CLM.LOV_DESCRIPTION FROM CUSTOM_LOV_MSTR  CLM  LEFT OUTER JOIN CUSTOM_OBJECT_CHAR_LOV_VALUES COCLV on  COCLV.LOV_ID=CLM.LOV_ID AND OBJECT_ID IN  (6702

• Moved by Allen Chen - MSFT Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:57 AM off topic (From:SQL Azure — Getting Started)
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I think you encounter the Error 8623 mentioned below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177682.aspx

Workaround is provided in above documentation.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Windows Azure Platform China Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/azchina/default.aspx
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:01 AM
  • Is there any option to set the string size in query in sql server 2005
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:53 AM
  • Is this still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:06 PM
  • Are you supplying a long list of variables for OBJECT_ID IN (...)? If so, that problem was recently discussed in Transact-SQL forum as well. You should not send long list of values in the IN list, there is some limit to it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:10 PM