I was referring below link for learning:-
After creating report I tried to depoly it, I configure it properly by specifying "TargetServerURL" as http://XYZ/ReportServer and saved it.
Now when I'm deploying it gives me error as:-
This schema describes the structure of the Report Definition Language (RDL) in SQL Server 2008, an XML schema for representing reports which includes query, calculation and layout metadata.
See http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2005/01/reportdefinition for the old RDL 2005 version.
Schema for Report Definition Language (RDL) 2008Current version: ReportDefinition.xsd
(c) 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. The following schema for Microsoft SQL Server is presented in XML format and is for informational purposes only. Microsoft Corporation ("Microsoft") may have trademarks, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights covering subject matter in the schema. Microsoft does not make any representation or warranty regarding the schema or any product or item developed based on the schema. The schema is provided to you on an AS IS basis. Microsoft disclaims all express, implied and statutory warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and freedom from infringement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Microsoft does not make any warranty of any kind that any item developed based on the schema, or any portion of the schema, will not infringe any copyright, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of any person or entity in any country. It is your responsibility to seek licenses for such intellectual property rights where appropriate. MICROSOFT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SCHEMA, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS), PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER OR NOT MICROSOFT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES.
I think their is a conflict between SSRS 2005 & SSRS 2008, for your better understanding I have Sql Server 2005 as a default instance and 2008 as a named instance into my personal laptop which has Vista as OS.
So can anybody help me out with this error?
From your descriptions, you have implemented both SQL Server Reporting Service 2005 and SQL Server Reporting Service 2008 on your personal laptop. SQL Server Reporting Service 2005 was deployed as default instance and SQL Server Reporting Services as a named instance. You are trying to deploy reports to http://<servername>/reportserver by using Visual Studio 2008. If I have misunderstood, please do not hesitate to let me know.
The URL http://<servername>/reportserver means you publish reports to default instance of SQL Server Reporting Service in the server. The default instance in the server is SQL Server Reporting Service 2005. That is the root cause. New reports created with Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008 cannot be published to a RS 2005 server.
· These are different things. Let me try to explain it:
- stores its metadata either in a SQL2005 or SQL 2008 database
- can run RDL 2003/10, RDL 2005/01, RDL 2007/01, and RDL 2008/01. RDL is the report definition language generated by report designer.
- stores its metadata either in a SQL2000 or SQL 2005 database
- can run RDL 2003/10 and RDL 2005/01
BIDS 2005 (Report Designer 2005):
- generates RDL 2005/01
- can directly publish to RS 2005 and RS 2008
- generates RDL 2007/01 currently, will be RDL 2008/01 by RTM
- can directly publish to RS 2008, but cannot "downgrade" the RDL.
To solve the issue, please use any of the following solution:
1. If you want to publish reports to Reporting Services 2005, please use Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005.
2. If you want publish reports to Reporting Services 2008, you can use either Business Intelligence Development Studio 2005 or Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008. But please change the URL to point to Reporting Services 2008. The URL should be: http://<servername>/reportserver$<named instance>
Robert has explained the different things in the following thread:
Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions.
Jin Chen - MSFT
- Marked as answer by Jinchun ChenMicrosoft employee, Moderator Friday, June 26, 2009 7:11 AM