none
How to Build a Driver Using the Command Line (MSBuild) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts

I am trying to build a kmdf driver that I have created and my setup environment is visual studio 2013 with wdk 8.1 and the driver is building fine in Release configuration through visual studio 2013 build process but I need to build through visual studio cmd (msbuild)

Trying to build through visual studio cmd and I get this link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff554644(v=vs.85).aspx

I can’t able to change the Configuration to Release (windows 7 win32 or 64) with the default one Debug

I tried this command

msbuild /t:clean /t:build .\MyDriver.vcxproj /p:Configuration="Release" /p:Platform=Win32 /p:TargetVersion=”Windows7”
    And I get this error

Error MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "Release |Win32" is invalid.

Please specify a valid solution configuration using the Configuration and Platform properties

(e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those properties blank to use the default solution configuration.

Can u please guide me on this and give some reference link how to build through cmd with custom config

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 1:12 PM

Answers

• solution:
    msbuild /t:clean /t:build .\myproject.sln /p:Configuration="Win8.1 Release" /p:Platform=Win32
    • Marked as answer by Rajganesh006 Saturday, August 8, 2015 7:14 AM
    Saturday, August 8, 2015 7:14 AM