none
Error SQL70590 Must declare the variable or parameter @value - Always Encrypted RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

This issue is driving me nuts. I am trying to encrypt 2 columns in my SQL database table (both varchar)

I go through the wizard and it always fails with: Error SQL70590: Must declare the variable or parameter "@CreatedBy"

The CreatedBy column is an int and I'm not trying to encrypt this column, just the other two.

Any ideas? 

Log output

Apr 29 2019 12:53:51 [Informational] WorkitemExecution: Message:Work item 'Performing encryption operations' stopped..

Apr 29 2019 12:53:51 [Error] WorkitemExecution: Message:Work item 'Performing encryption operations' did not complete. Details: Loading source as a script-backed model failed due to the following errors:
    Error SQL70590: Must declare the variable or parameter "@CreatedBy"
    Error SQL70590: Must declare the variable or parameter "@CreatedBy"

Apr 29 2019 12:53:51 [Informational] Log Closed: Message:Job processing completed.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful", if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | CISSP, CISM, CEH, GIAC, MCSE (Security)
    Twitter @georgathomas

This forum post is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Monday, April 29, 2019 2:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Georg Thomas,

Which version of SSMS are you using? Please try with the latest one. You can download the latest version of SSMS from here

If it doesn't work, you can try to use PowerShell to configure Always Encrypted.

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, April 29, 2019 6:45 AM