none
i am new at this i want to Securing my Server RRS feed

• Question

• I tried belarc advisor test how good my security and I need to know to protect my system from attacks so what would I do to get a better score than 1.6          
    Friday, March 24, 2017 5:48 AM

All replies

• I would suggest taking a look at the CIS Benchmarks for Windows and SQL Server. These are great guidelines that can help you harden your environment: https://learn.cisecurity.org/benchmarks 

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | CISSP, CISM, CEH, GIAC, MCSE (Security), MVP Twitter @georgathomas This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, March 24, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Friday, March 24, 2017 2:04 PM
  • If it were me, i'd want to understand what it is they scanned for and how that resulted in the score you got... Thus you can make any adjustments to approve said score. It appears you email the company and they will provide whitepapers relating to it, see quotes from their website below...

"To learn more, please request our white papers, “Securing the Enterprise” and “Mapping the NIST security controls” by sending an email to: whitepapers@belarc.com"

Friday, March 24, 2017 2:13 PM