none
File system error: The following file is corrupted Analysis Services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i got this error while deploying Analysis Services project.

Error 1 File system error: The following file is corrupted: Physical file: \\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Analysis Services Tutorial.0.db\Customer.0.dim\5.English Education.(All).sstore. Logical file . Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Customer dimension, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Analysis Services Tutorial.0.db\Customer.5.dim.xml'. Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Analysis Services Tutorial cube, from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Analysis Services Tutorial.0.db\Adventure Works DW.9.cub.xml'.   0 0

Thursday, July 12, 2007 12:04 PM

Answers

• This is a bug. Microsoft has released a fix in the latest CU for 2008. You can see this related post here:

http://nagysbi.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!20DF4DB59A299E31!461.entry

Thanks,
    Nagy

It is not the same issue.

All that is needed is

1. Stop the Analysis Services service
    2. Delete everything in your C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\%YOUR_PROJECTNAME% folder
    3. Restart the Analysis Services service
    4. Re-deploy your project

I have seen this issue in SQL 2005 as well . 

Mani -- can you please try the solutions mentioned by different people for this post and let us know how and if it got resolved

Also please verify what is the version of sql server that you have installed on your machine and what version of adventure works have you downloaded. Make sure both are same . If I was you I will also download the latest version from codeplex

Ashwani Roy

My Blog

Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!

Friday, August 14, 2009 2:54 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• pls help to resolve this problem... thanks in advance.

kapil

Thursday, July 12, 2007 1:29 PM
  • Kapil,

were you able get through this?  I am getting same error.

thanks
    Friday, January 9, 2009 8:54 PM
  • Hi

We are getting the same error. Can you please advise if you had a resolution to this issue
    Monday, March 2, 2009 12:51 AM
  • Please check your Dim Customer.English Education attribute data type (type and length).

Thx.
    Warm regards, Andre Wihardjo Jakarta - Indonesia
    Friday, August 14, 2009 6:06 AM
  • Bascially your data file has got currupted. It happens sometime when a server operation like write or file alloc stops in the mid without being to commit or rollbacl or save state.

You will have to manually delete the files from this folder in this case. Once you have done the cleanup , restore the adventure works AS database again. It should be fine.

Let us know how you get along

Also there were server operations like Database sync that used to cause this issue but if you upgrade to latest service pack ( SQL 2005 SP3 ) it should be fine. I dont think it should be an issue in SQL 2008 though.

If you are still not able to resolve let us know the steps that youhave taken to create this and I will try to repro it.

Ashwani Roy

My Blog

• Proposed as answer by Baby Chris Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:21 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 12:06 PM
    Answerer
  • This is a bug. Microsoft has released a fix in the latest CU for 2008. You can see this related post here:

Thanks,
    Nagy
    • Proposed as answer by Naggy_sr Friday, August 14, 2009 2:34 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Ashwani RoyEditor Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:49 PM
    Friday, August 14, 2009 2:34 PM

Thanks,
    Nagy

It is not the same issue.

All that is needed is

1. Stop the Analysis Services service
    2. Delete everything in your C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\%YOUR_PROJECTNAME% folder
    3. Restart the Analysis Services service
    4. Re-deploy your project

I have seen this issue in SQL 2005 as well . 

Mani -- can you please try the solutions mentioned by different people for this post and let us know how and if it got resolved

Also please verify what is the version of sql server that you have installed on your machine and what version of adventure works have you downloaded. Make sure both are same . If I was you I will also download the latest version from codeplex

Ashwani Roy

My Blog

Friday, August 14, 2009 2:54 PM
    Answerer
  • Are you able to resolve this.

Ashwani Roy

My Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:50 PM
    Answerer
  • I had a similar problem in SSAS 2008 and this solution worked perfectly.

Thank You.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:57 AM
  • This worked like a charm for me on 2008. Thank you very much. How can I avoid this from happening again?
    Monday, August 29, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Really worked as a charm. Thanks for help.
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:17 PM
  • hi firstly thanks for your reply,

I couldn't able to delete the files,  it's saying i dont have enough  permissions

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 3:00 PM
  • This worked like a charm for me on 2008. Thank you very much. How can I avoid this from happening again?
    BUMP

+1 for how this can be avoided. Is it related to OS, disk, etc? Currently using robocopy scripts for a scale-out read-only query server solution and running into this several times a week which is acceptable as it requires manual intervention.

BI Developer and lover of data (Blog | Twitter)

Friday, November 21, 2014 8:58 PM