none
Fuzzy Grouping - Matching on Dates RRS feed

• Question

• I know dates cannot be used to match in Fuzzy Grouping.

I have a Data Conversion Task before the Fuzzy Grouping Task where I convert the Date column to Unicode.

Yet, the Fuzzy Grouping Step still gives me an error stating :

"DQS Matching Fuzzy Grouping [305]: A fuzzy match is specified on column "DOB" (2249) that is not a data type of DT_STR or DT_WSTR."

Anyone know why I get this even though I have a Data Conversion task before hand?

CG

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 5:34 PM

Answers

• Hi CG,

Just as you said, only columns with the DT_WSTR and DT_STR data types can be used in fuzzy matching in Fuzzy Grouping transformation. So we cannot use date type column in Fuzzy Grouping transformation.

Seeing that you still receive the error message that “A fuzzy match is specified on column "DOB" (2249) that is not a data type of DT_STR or DT_WSTR.", it seems that you are using column “DOB” which is not a data type of DT_STR or DT_WSTR. So please verify that the column is correct. Make sure you select the converted column which comes from Data Conversion Transformation with DT_STR or DT_WSTR data type in Fuzzy Grouping transformation.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:45 AM

All replies

• Are you sure you're using the converted column itself inside DQS?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Mark This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 6:37 PM
  • Hi CG,

Just as you said, only columns with the DT_WSTR and DT_STR data types can be used in fuzzy matching in Fuzzy Grouping transformation. So we cannot use date type column in Fuzzy Grouping transformation.

Seeing that you still receive the error message that “A fuzzy match is specified on column "DOB" (2249) that is not a data type of DT_STR or DT_WSTR.", it seems that you are using column “DOB” which is not a data type of DT_STR or DT_WSTR. So please verify that the column is correct. Make sure you select the converted column which comes from Data Conversion Transformation with DT_STR or DT_WSTR data type in Fuzzy Grouping transformation.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:45 AM