none
Error Code -1071607685 in SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello SSIS Community,

While importing a mid-sized csv file, I come  across this error quite a bit.

I checked onto MSDN link, and found description for all sorts of error codes, except for this one where it shows “No status is available”.

I hope I can find out the real reason why this error is occuring, so I can take precaution on my CSV imports from here onwards.

Error Code        : -1071607685

Error Description : No status is available.

Name              : DTS_E_OLEDBDESTINATIONADAPTERSTATIC_UNAVAILABLE

If you could please share any thoughts or informtion on this error and why it is occuring, that will be great.

Thanks,

RK

R K

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 3:36 PM

Answers

• Hi RajKS,

If you are using the batch facility then you will not get the exact error code of the failure and further more if there are bad rows found in that particular batch then the whole batch will be considered as a bad one. If you are not using fast load option and then you will get the exact number of bad rows in the error table with the exact error code for its failure.  In that cases, I suggest you can consider using the following solutions:

1. With fast load option using Maximum Insert batch size parameter, so any time there is a bad row in a batch the whole of the batch is redirected with Error Redirection defined on the package.
    2. Filtering the good rows back from the error table without the fast load option.
    3. The performance of the fast load option will be hit if we include the correct error description and filter on the bad rows in a batch.

Thanks,
    Eileen

• Edited by Eileen Zhao Monday, July 9, 2012 7:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:35 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hello R K,

Based on what I see your SQL Server 2005 has a missing service pack or more to apply (perhaps from SP2 onwards).

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 4:09 PM
  • Hi RajKS,

If you are using the batch facility then you will not get the exact error code of the failure and further more if there are bad rows found in that particular batch then the whole batch will be considered as a bad one. If you are not using fast load option and then you will get the exact number of bad rows in the error table with the exact error code for its failure.  In that cases, I suggest you can consider using the following solutions:

1. With fast load option using Maximum Insert batch size parameter, so any time there is a bad row in a batch the whole of the batch is redirected with Error Redirection defined on the package.
    2. Filtering the good rows back from the error table without the fast load option.
    3. The performance of the fast load option will be hit if we include the correct error description and filter on the bad rows in a batch.

Thanks,
    Eileen

• Edited by Eileen Zhao Monday, July 9, 2012 7:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:35 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 7:47 AM