Cannot install the VS community 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to install the VS 2019 community version. The installation was fine with all other PC i used but when i tried to install it on another laptop. The installation file (bootstrapper) just keeps downloading file (~70MB) and verifying and after repeat those multiple time the program send me and error message: "Unable to download file. Please check your internet connection" even my laptop is connected to the internet and work perfectly. Please give me some advices, I have tried many solutions but the program wont budge.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:51 AM

All replies

• Hi QLinh,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, could you tell me you install the VS2019 Community offline or online? What anti-virus software do you have installed? Please temporarily turn off any anti-virus and firewall protection before installation. And go to Windows Update to check if there are any pending Windows Updates.

In addition, you could have a try with the following steps to enable your CNG Key Isolation service:

#1. Running your Services as administrator;

#2. Locating the “CNG Key Isolation” service and open it;

#3. Changing the “Startup type” option to “Manual” and start it;

#4. Downloading the Visual Studio and try again.

If it persists, we need your help to collect your installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here. Thanks for your understanding.

Hope it helps and any feedback will be expected.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 30, 2020 5:14 AM
  • Hi QLinh,

Do you have any update?

Please feel free to let me know if you have any concerns.

Sincerely,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2020 10:12 AM