none
error : Illegal characters in path. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i am trying to load an SSAS Project from git hub i am getting the following error

C:\Users\ajandreau\Documents\GitHub\enterprise\SSAS\Revenue\<Server=dddd\LOCAL;Database=Southwestrev;> : error  : Illegal characters in path.

Anyone who face a similar issue with github?

Thanks

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 3:35 PM

All replies

• Hi  AmyBI,

I am not sure which factor cause this problem. Is there other detailed error information? In addition, if you download the project in local folder, then use VS to open it, will it work or not.

In addition, if the project is sample project, please change database and server setting to your database and server to see whether it works or not.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 2:40 AM
  • Thanks Zoe Zhi,

I cannot open even bypassing the github, i mean locally.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 2:54 PM
  • Hi AmyBI,

Did you use SSDT to open it or use VS with SSAS service extension? Or if you try to open other SSAS project in local folder, will you open successfully? 

In addition, in usual, there is no "<Server=dddd\LOCAL;Database=Southwestrev;>" in folder path(c:\..\..\ss.sln). I don't know how to get this part.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 13, 2018 8:00 AM