SSIS Locking up / Debugging RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Master SSIS package that calls a bunch of individual packages in a defined order.  Recently one package has locked up with a wait time of ASYNC_NETWORK_IO.  I know it's not the actual network since it's all localhost.  I have seen this before for large packages that have too much backpressure but not on this particular one.  My question is, what is the best way to see if this package is still running?  The activity monitor says the SELECT is RUNNING but the select takes only 4:40 minutes and it has been several hours.  I was looking at the performance monitor for SSIS rows read and rows written, but I am not sure that is the best way. 

Also, the package is a straight pipe with a multicast to 2 unrelated tables.  I set the MAX COMMITT to 200,000 and the total # of rows from the query is a little over 3 million.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hi David,

here are a few things to try:

• Run your package in isolation so you minimize effects of the environment
    • I am assuming you tried the SQL profiler to check if you are hitting some sort of table locking issue
    • Check the processor and memory usage for the package execution
    • Try to remove parts of your package and see if you can nail down a component causing the issue

HTH,

Bob

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Tony Tang_YJ Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:48 AM
    Monday, January 26, 2009 11:01 PM