none
Error AppDomain 22 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].27) is marked for unload due to memory pressure. RRS feed

• Question

• AppDomain 22 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].27) is marked for unload due to memory pressure.

AppDomain 22 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].27) unloaded.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:56 AM

Answers

• Please add more RAM and increase Max server memory value leaving 7 G for OS and SSIS to work properly. There seems to be memory pressure and 6 GB is not enough considering you have AOAG

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, April 8, 2016 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It seems there is memory pressure on that server due to CLR procedure trying to load a great amount of data to memory.  Try to optimize the CLR procedures and make sure you have configured TempDB.

Please configure the “max server memory option” on that server by taking in consideration the SQL Server features installed and other software installed on that server.

How much memory does that server have?

The following article may be useful to understand why this error appears:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917271

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 12:53 PM
  • Hello,

You provided the following information on the Partner Support forums:

We have SQL 2012 SP2 Ent 64-bit and windows server 2012 R2.

We are getting following error

Apr  5 2016  5:02AM  AppDomain 24 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].30) is marked for unload due to memory pressure.

Apr  5 2016  5:02AM  AppDomain 24 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].30) unloaded.

Apr  5 2016  2:30AM  AppDomain 24 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].30) created.
    Apr  5 2016  2:30AM  Unsafe assembly 'microsoft.sqlserver.integrationservices.server, version=11.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91, processorarchitecture=msil' loaded into appdomain 24 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].30).
    Apr  5 2016  2:30AM  Unsafe assembly 'microsoft.sqlserver.integrationservices.server, version=11.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91, processorarchitecture=msil' loaded into appdomain 24 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].30).

Apr  5 2016  2:19AM  AppDomain 23 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].29) is marked for unload due to memory pressure.
    Apr  5 2016  2:19AM  AppDomain 23 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].29) unloaded.
    Apr  4 2016  8:30PM  AppDomain 23 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].29) created.
    Apr  4 2016  8:30PM  Unsafe assembly 'microsoft.sqlserver.integrationservices.server, version=11.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91, processorarchitecture=msil' loaded into appdomain 23 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].29).

Apr  4 2016  8:30PM  Unsafe assembly 'microsoft.sqlserver.integrationservices.server, version=11.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91, processorarchitecture=msil' loaded into appdomain 23 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].29).

Apr  4 2016  9:56AM  AppDomain 22 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].27) is marked for unload due to memory pressure.
    Apr  4 2016  9:56AM  AppDomain 22 (SSISDB.dbo[runtime].27) unloaded.”

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:22 PM
  • Abdul,

What is Total RAM on system, how much you have allocated to SQL Server and what are all services running on machine. Please answer all question so that I can guide you to answer

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Wiki Articles

MVP

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:12 AM
  • Total RAM=12 GB

allocated to SQL Server=6 GB

Only SQL server is running.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:42 AM
  • Are you sure you don't have SSIS running on the machine. Since you have SQL Server 2012 memory to CLR is allocated from Max server memory setting, which seems low to me considering you have 12G RAM and you have only assigned 6 G to SQL Server. I suggest you change max server memory to 7-8G and see if this error .

For more details about the error read 

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/psssql/2013/01/30/appdomain-unloading-messages-flooding-the-sql-server-error-log/

My Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:54 AM
  • We are running SQL 2012 SP2 Ent 64-bit with alwayson FCI and AG

We are using CDC as well

Yes we are running SSIS as well

We are running following SQL services

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Friday, April 8, 2016 5:05 AM
  • Please add more RAM and increase Max server memory value leaving 7 G for OS and SSIS to work properly. There seems to be memory pressure and 6 GB is not enough considering you have AOAG

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, April 8, 2016 6:12 AM
  • I have increased RAM but does not resolve problem.

still getting error.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Friday, April 15, 2016 5:03 AM
  • I have increased RAM but does not resolve problem.

still getting error.

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

How much RAM you added and what is total RAM now on windows machine. After increasing RAM did you also changed the max server memory value if not then again you restricted SQL Server to 6G even after increasing RAM. 

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Friday, April 15, 2016 6:17 AM
  • Total RAM 6 GB

Max SQL memory increase to 7 GB

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Saturday, April 16, 2016 4:41 AM
  • Total RAM 6 GB

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

what are you telling how can Max server memory be greater than total RAM. Increase total RAM to 20 G give 12 G to SQL Server and 8G to OS and SSIS

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Saturday, April 16, 2016 4:49 AM
  • Total RAM 12 GB

ABDUL HAFEEZ MCSE MCITP

Monday, April 18, 2016 4:44 AM