locked
AdGroup langauge different from keywords causing editorial errors? RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am trying to add a number of campaigns that have ads and keywords written in Danish and targeted at that country. Given the language choices available to me for the adgroup I have set it to be "English and Spanish - United States". At present I have around 50 live campaigns with ad text and keywords in Danish having added them a couple of weeks ago without any issue and using the same targeting. Today I am trying to add another batch and am getting CreateAds editorial errors (code 1376, 1377) and CreateKeywords editorial errors (code 1397) leaving me with a set of campaigns with no ads or keywords. In testing I am able to add these new camapigns to the sandbox without any issues or errors being reported. Has somethign changed in the production enviroment (recently) that prevents me adding ad text and keywords in a language other that that associated with the ad group? Thanks Antony
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:45 AM

Answers

  • Hi Antony. The character which is not supported for "English and Spanish - United States" is ‘æ’. As a workaround you might use 'ae'. I hope this helps!
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:13 PM

All replies

  • Hey anthonyf,

    Thank you for your post and question! I'm looking into your into this issue and will get back to you once I have further information.

    Thank you for your patience :)

    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Hey antonyf,

    Thank you for your patience.  It appears your SOAP is failing the initial editorial checks and being rejected by the API.  Without the SOAP request provided it is difficult to determine why the editorial checks are failing and to review them against the US Editorial Policy. 

    The US editorial policy is linked here:
    http://advertising.microsoft.com/small-business/search-advertising/ad-content-guidelines

    If you would like to post your SOAP requset we could look into this?

    Let us know if we an help any further.

    Thanks :-)

    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Hi Ricky,

    Thanks for the information.

    The SOAP request and response for an UpdateAdsRequest operations is below. I have removed some of the data but hopefully there is enough infomation left to be useful. The ad is targeted at Denmark and the ad text it is rejecting is in Danish but I have multiple other campaigns using Danish text that have gone live without any problems?

    <s:Body><UpdateAdsRequest xmlns="https://adcenter.microsoft.com/v7"> <AdGroupId>7500xxxx</AdGroupId><Ads xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Ad i:type="TextAd"><EditorialStatus i:nil="true"/> <Id>92510xxxx</Id> <Status i:nil="true"/> <Type i:nil="true"/> <DestinationUrl>http://test.com/click.ashx?ver=5.1&did=22&pub=603&ck=7701910E49D1DA&nw={network}&kw={Keyword}&mt={MatchType}</DestinationUrl> <DisplayUrl>test.dk/Xren</DisplayUrl> <Text>Facaderens, grafittirens, sandblæsning. Ring 70899999</Text> <Title>Facaderens Ringsted</Title> </Ad></Ads></UpdateAdsRequest></s:Body>

    Response

    <s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"> <s:Body><s:Fault> <faultcode>s:Server</faultcode> <faultstring xml:lang="en-US">Invalid client data. Check the SOAP fault details for more information</faultstring><detail> <EditorialApiFaultDetail xmlns="https://adcenter.microsoft.com/v7" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <TrackingId xmlns="https://adapi.microsoft.com">05096b67-944b-4fb1-b987-e71767475886</TrackingId><BatchErrors/> <EditorialErrors><EditorialError> <Appealable i:nil="true"/><Code>1377</Code> <DisapprovedText>sandblæsning/DisapprovedText><ErrorCode>CampaignServiceEditorialErrorInAdText</ErrorCode> <Index>0</Index><Message>Ad text failed editorial validation.</Message></EditorialError> </EditorialErrors><OperationErrors/></EditorialApiFaultDetail></detail></s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>

    Thanks Antony

    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:51 AM
  • Hi Antony. The character which is not supported for "English and Spanish - United States" is ‘æ’. As a workaround you might use 'ae'. I hope this helps!
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:13 PM