none
Fill 'white borders' outside of the SSRS Report

Question

• Hello,

I'm setting up some SSRS reports in Report Builder 3.0 for a terminal-side Epos system. However, I can't figure out (or Google find) how to have automatic dimensions, as our terminals vary from 10" to 17", I can't pre-set the report to a specific size without getting unnecessary scroll bars. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically fill the whole background to a certain colour? Please see below, where the window is stretched to the left, and goes beyond the edge of the report, it just shows White. It looks OK on the report below, but we have option screens parsing parameters down for dates above this level to make it more touch-friendly which are much smaller, so there is a white border below and to the left. 

Any help is welcome! :) 

Monday, April 30, 2012 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi daYoko,

It seems you only set report border's background color, if you want to keep all the report's background color to the same gray color without left white edge, you can select report's background property rather than report border, in property's drop-down list, please select Report, then set its background's color property.

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by daYoko Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:18 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by daYoko Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by daYoko Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:49 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hi daYoko,

It seems you only set report border's background color, if you want to keep all the report's background color to the same gray color without left white edge, you can select report's background property rather than report border, in property's drop-down list, please select Report, then set its background's color property.

Challen Fu

• Marked as answer by daYoko Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:18 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by daYoko Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by daYoko Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:49 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 2:13 AM
  • Aha! You legend! Thank you very much.

Edit - Actually, that hasn't done anything at all! It ignored that completely for some reason? 

• Edited by daYoko Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:24 PM New information
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:18 PM
  • Hi daYoko,

Report and report border's background property are two different property, does the top steps not work for you? I am not clear to your feedback, could you please be more specific to it?

Challen Fu

Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Oh, it has worked on the web based reporting, it is just our own VB client app which shows a white border which I assume is more of an our side problem. Cheers guys!
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:49 AM