none
Default Prompt Screen When No Parameters Are Selected RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to change the following with something more meaningful when a user goes to a report that requires parameters? If so, how?
    Friday, November 8, 2019 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

One way to do this, is to set default value for the parameter. When the parameter has default value, it will run initially with this value and show meaningful things as you want.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 2:09 AM
  • I realize I could use default values. That is not what I'm looking for.  I'm looking for a way to provide some morning meaningful information on the screen instead of using some default value.
    Friday, November 15, 2019 12:35 PM
  • Hi Whalensdad,

That is not possible with default web portal and built-in features.

If you insist this feature to be added, I suggest you submit the requirement at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server.

If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 2:20 AM