none
Silverlight for Mac 10.10.5

Question

• Hello, 

I have tried downloading Silverlight to access my work website. <g class="gr_ gr_175 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="175" id="175">Everytime</g> I download it, it says "download successful" but when I try logging on to my work website, it prompts me to re-download. I am not sure what to do about this problem because I need this plug-in for work.

Thanks,

Maddie

Monday, March 06, 2017 3:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Maddie,

Please check this help document:

Silverlight for Mac is not being recognized or you are continually prompted to install

This behavior can occur for several reasons:
    • Your system has an earlier version of the plug-in and does not meet the requirements for the plug-in that the site is using.
    • You do not have the plug-in installed.
    • The browser is set to "Run using Rosetta," which will cause the computer to be identified incorrectly as a PowerPC-based Mac.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:42 AM