none
SSIS Execute Process Task Editor sometimes runs to completion and sometimes does not RRS feed

• Question

• It's crazy. Sometimes when I Start the SSIS Package from Microsoft Visual Studio it will run to completion using an Execute Process Task to PGP Encrypt a file. I looked and played with ProtectionLevel, Execute Process Task Editor WindowStyle, even changing the Execute Process Task Editor Executable to be a variable rather than specifying the fully qualified path using C: Drive and specifying the Path using the C: Drive to @[User::PGPExecutable] to be C:\Program Files(x86)\GnuPG\bin\gpg.exe

This is driving me CRAZY!!!!

There must be some simple explanation as to why this sometimes runs and sometimes does not.

Thanks for your review and am soooooo hopeful for a reply.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 7:52 PM

All replies

• I thought this may be network latency...Nope...writing files all locally to C: Drive it blew up too at the PGP Execute Process Task....interestingly enough, late this afternoon, I almost thought is was some sort of Microsoft Visual Studio buffer issue...because the first couple of times I re-opened the project and SSIS Package, it ran fine. Then it stopped again on the PGP Execute Process Task. But that doesn't seem to be consistent.

Could this be a problem trying to run the executable at times? Would it be safer to run the PGP Encryption as a C# Edit Script? And if that's the case, can anyone point me in that direction.

I am stumped and thoroughly exhausted and frustrated trying to find out what may be causing this.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 10:09 PM
  • I am actually thinking this may be a buffer...memory issue in Microsoft Visual Studio. It has been more consistent to run once...sometimes twice...and then crap out the third time. If I close Microsoft Visual Studio and then re-open it, it has been more consistent...like 75% of the time then runs clean again.

Am I crazy?!?!

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this??

Will this run cleaner and more successfully as a SQL Server Agent Job?? (Where it will eventually reside and run anyways...)

Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:34 PM
  • Hi ITBobbyP,

Please refer to SharpPrivacy - OpenPGP for C#.

Please try to execute ssis package in SQL Server Agent Job, refer to SQL Server Agent Jobs for Packages.

Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 13, 2019 8:34 AM
  • Ehhhh...this is a PGP Encryption of a file...not Email Encryption. And unfortunately your reply doesn't really shed any more light onto my specific situation of sometimes this thing running and sometimes not.
    Friday, December 13, 2019 2:41 PM
  • Hi ITBobbyP,

May I know if you have anything to update?

Please refer to C# How to simply encrypt a text file with a PGP Public Key.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:35 AM