none
Busy Indicators making the user controls to appear disabled

Question

• Hi,

We are using busy indicators from silverlight toolkit. The issue is even after the busy indicator stops, the user controls like combo box appear to be disabled but when we hover over it becomes normal. Kindly suggest any solution for this issue ASAP.

Thanks,

Kasinath

Monday, January 16, 2017 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Kasinath,

Could you share some code snippet about how do you use busy indicator control in your Silverlight application to help us reproduce this issue?

Following is my sample about how to use the busy indicator control in my Silverlight application. After busy indicator stops, the ComboBox control appear and it always shows as enabled. I don't need to hover over it to enable it.

<toolkit:BusyIndicator Name="busyIndicator" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="76,85,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top">
         <ComboBox x:Name="comboBox" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="120">
               <ComboBox.Items>
                    <ComboBoxItem Content="AAAA"/>
                    <ComboBoxItem Content="BBBB"/>
               </ComboBox.Items>
          </ComboBox>
    </toolkit:BusyIndicator>
     public MainPage()
     {
          InitializeComponent();

busyIndicator.IsBusy = true;

ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItem((state) =>
          {
               Thread.Sleep(3 * 1000);
               Dispatcher.BeginInvoke(() => busyIndicator.IsBusy = false);
          });

}

Please check whether there some code in your application disable your ComboBox and enable it through mouse hover over first.

Then please check your Silverlight, Silverlight Toolkit version and which browser you are using. I'm using Silverlight 5 (5.1.50901.0) and Silverlight_5_Toolkit_December_2011.msi , the browser version is IE 11 (11.576.14393.0).

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:50 AM