none
Silverlight Issues

Question

• Why do I keep getting this message?

The screen could not be loaded.
    A newer version of Microsoft® Silverlight™ is required.

I have tried uninstalling it, using different browsers, different computers and nothing is working. I previously got it to work by following some crazy long process but then it stopped working after like a month. 

Monday, August 7, 2017 12:30 AM

All replies

• Hi em212121,

Which version of operating system and browser do you use?

According to the compatible operating system and browser for Silverlight, there has some specific Windows operating system and IE version still could run Silverlight application. You could check based on this list to confirm your operating system and browser still supported in this list.

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html

Then please check your browser settings to make sure the Silverlight plugin has enabled. You could check it from Internet Explorer Tools -> Manage add-ons.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:53 AM