none
Azure Application Proxy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I have recently began my azure migration and have setup up Express Route , cuurrently all traffic , including internet heads out of express route. and then through my firewall 

I have few servers on-prem that I use Azure Application Proxy to present them to the internet 

I have a built a VM server in the Azure cloud that will be forward facing (have IIS on it) .

The VM server i built in the azure cloud , how should  i present this to the internet ,

I know i can do it like a on-prem server where I give it a public ip  and its nated through ,

Or can icreate a application proxy in azure ? (no azure public ip or a public Ip i could give it is required)

or do i give it a public ip assigned from azure , but will this work if all internet raffic heads out express route.

i know what i have written is confusing, I hope it  makes sense to someone .

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 12:24 AM

All replies

• If you want to have a public facing web server in your Azure VNET, the easiest way is to have a Public IP on the VM. You can also put it behind an Application Gateway or Load Balancer. 

If outbound traffic is routed to your on-prem firewall, it can drop the packets due to asymmetric routing. If this is the case, you need a UDR for outbound traffic from the VM to the internet, instead of through your ExpressRoute. 

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 2:13 AM
  • Hello,

If you think your question has been answered, please click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Best regards

Subhash

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:23 AM