none
The session keys for this conversation could not be created or accessed. The database master key is required for this operation. Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm getting the following error In sys.transmission_queue in the transmission_status column "The session keys for this conversation could not be created or accessed. The database master key"

I'm using only one Server to Send Messages but I thought you only need the master key if there are two or more Servers used in the Messaging?

Thanks in advance 

• Edited by ti2 Friday, January 20, 2012 6:28 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2012 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi ti2,

The master key here is a database level object. For the any database which is involved, you may need to create a database master key which is encrypted by the SQL Server service master key. Alternatively, use the ENCRYPTION = OFF parameter to create an unencrypted dialog. Please pay attention to this similar thread: Database Master Key Error.

For more information: Service Broker Dialog Security.

Stephanie Lv

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Stephanie Lv Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:52 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi ti2,

The master key here is a database level object. For the any database which is involved, you may need to create a database master key which is encrypted by the SQL Server service master key. Alternatively, use the ENCRYPTION = OFF parameter to create an unencrypted dialog. Please pay attention to this similar thread: Database Master Key Error.

For more information: Service Broker Dialog Security.

Stephanie Lv

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Stephanie Lv Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:52 AM
    Monday, January 23, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hi, once the issue is resolved would you expect the

sys.transmission_queue to empty or some other action needs to be taken? Thanks.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 10:22 AM