Desktop Joystick RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been working through the courseware labs and have been having a problem when I try to run my VPL diagram with a desktop joystick, I get the following:

Error Loading Diagram
    Unable start configured partners

Code

s:Receiver
    Reason System.IO.IOException: Code:W3C.Soap.FaultCode,Subcode:unknown,ReasonTongue Tiedystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'GameController.Y2006.M09.Proxy, Version=1.5.507.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) File name: 'GameController.Y2006.M09.Proxy, Version=1.5.507.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' at Microsoft.Robotics.Services.Sample.JoystickForm.JoystickFormService..ctor(DsspServiceCreationPort creationPort) WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType) at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.ConstructService.InvokeServiceClassConstructor() at Microsoft.Dss.Services.Constructor.ConstructService.ReflectAndConstructService(ServiceCache Cache)

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It looks like you have at some point recompiled the GameController service. The DesktopJoystick service has a dependency on the game controller service (it implements the same contract). This then requires you to recompile the DesktopJoystick service, at which point it will use the version of the GameController that you have rebuild.

To tell whether or not you have recompiled the GameController service go to your bin directory (likely to be "c:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin" ) in explorer, right click on the GameController.Y2006.M09.dll or GameController.Y2006.M09.Proxy.dll, select Properties, then select the Details tab.

The File Version and the Product Version should both be 1.5.507.0, also there should be a Digital Signatures tab with information on it indicating that the assembly was signed by Microsoft.

Hope this Helps

Paul

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks like you have at some point recompiled the GameController service. The DesktopJoystick service has a dependency on the game controller service (it implements the same contract). This then requires you to recompile the DesktopJoystick service, at which point it will use the version of the GameController that you have rebuild.

To tell whether or not you have recompiled the GameController service go to your bin directory (likely to be "c:\Microsoft Robotics Studio (1.5)\bin" ) in explorer, right click on the GameController.Y2006.M09.dll or GameController.Y2006.M09.Proxy.dll, select Properties, then select the Details tab.

The File Version and the Product Version should both be 1.5.507.0, also there should be a Digital Signatures tab with information on it indicating that the assembly was signed by Microsoft.

Hope this Helps

Paul

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:45 AM
  • That was definitely the problem, thanks a lot for the help.

Dylan

Saturday, April 26, 2008 3:41 PM
  • Note that you can find the joystick project in samples\Misc\joystickform\joystickform.csproj
    Monday, May 5, 2008 5:30 AM
  •  Paul C Roberts wrote:

Hi,

Hope this Helps

Paul

I have definitely recompiled this because it says version is 0.0.0.0 for both file and product version. What to do now to correct this? and what normally causes it to recompile coz i didn't change anything. i just followed the tutorial. thank you

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:48 AM
  • not sure what happen before to the file which the version shown only 0.0.0.0.
    I delete the file in the BIN\gamecontoller.*.*.*  folder, then recompile the whole project.
    The project then regenerate a new DLL file which contain the file version 1.5.507.0
    Smile
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:43 AM