none
help me to get Started RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am a beginner in visual C# programming. I want to increase knowledge in C# programming.
    I know basics in Visual C#, but i need guidance for where to start what to start...!

PLEASE GIVE SUGGESTION.

Monday, December 30, 2013 1:30 PM

Answers

• Learning to be a better programmer requires practice. I would suggest to think of some scenario and build a project. It could be a basic project like library management etc. In that way you will come across issues and you can then look at how you can fix those. I feel that's a better approach to learning. Keep doing practical while learning theory. Don't just read and by pass the topics.

You can find various articles on net on this topic as C# is a vast topic. Our community is a good starting point for that. Check Visual C# Samples, Specifications, Quick Reference and Visual C# General FAQ

Kunal G

• Edited by Kunal G Monday, December 30, 2013 1:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eason_H Monday, January 6, 2014 9:26 AM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 1:41 PM
  • Here is a very good book.

Learn C# with a smile:

http://www.headfirstlabs.com/books//hfcsharp/

Noam B.

Do not Forget to Vote as Answer/Helpful, please. It encourages us to help you...

• Proposed as answer by Noam B Thursday, January 2, 2014 12:22 PM
    Monday, December 30, 2013 1:56 PM
  • Here's a post I wrote that gives a list of starter projects.

Monday, December 30, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Hi Mohan,

C# is a simple, modern, general-purpose, object-oriented programming language developed by  Microsoft within its .NET initiative led by Anders Hejlsberg.

Here is a C# tutorial:http://www.tutorialspoint.com/csharp/

This tutorial will teach you basic C# programming and will also take you through various advanced concepts related to C# programming language. This tutorial has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand basic C# programming. After completing this tutorial, you will find yourself at a moderate level of expertise in C# programming from where you can take yourself to next levels.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Eason_H Monday, January 6, 2014 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:53 AM

All replies