none
SSAS Multidimensional Error when exploring data in SSDT 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm working in SSAS multidimensional mode I get the error below when I try to Explore Data in a table. This makes development impossible since I cannot see any of the data in the model.  I've tried reinstalling SSDT and updating .NET but nothing seems to work. I did not have any trouble designing models in Tabular mode. 

Any idea how to fix this?

Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.592

Visual studio SSDT 2017 v15.9.19

.Net Framework 4.803752

===================================

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DpiAwareness, Version=6.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (Microsoft Visual Studio)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.PMAUtility.Utilities.CreatePMAContext()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.DataSourceDesignerView.DataExplorationToolWindowFactory.CreateNewToolWindow(IDesignerToolWindowService vsShell, Guid guid, String title, IDesignerToolWindow& toolWindow, ExploreDataUserControl& dataExplorationControl)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.DataSourceDesignerView.DataExplorationToolWindowFactory.CreateToolWindow(IServiceProvider serviceProvider, String title, DataTable table)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.DataSourceDesignerView.CreateDataExplorationToolWindow(DataTable table)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.DataSourceDesignerView.OnBrowseData(MenuCommand menuCommandSender, CommandHandlingArgs args)
       at Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Design.CommandHandlingInfoMap.HandleCommand(MenuCommand menuCommand)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Design.DataSourceDesignerView.Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Interfaces.ICommandTarget.InvokeCommand(MenuCommand menuCommand)
       at Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Design.EditorWindow.Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Interfaces.ICommandTarget.InvokeCommand(MenuCommand menuCommand)
       at Microsoft.DataWarehouse.VsIntegration.Designer.Host.CommandTargetMenuService.InvokeCommand(CommandID commandID)

• Edited by LeDev52 Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:49 AM
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 9:20 AM

All replies

• Hi LeDev52,

Thanks for posting here.

Per the error message above, maybe the issue is from  windows update. You told us that you were using Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.592, which is the latest version of windows 10 (Release Date:November 12, 2019). Could you please restore it to previous version and see if it overcomes that issue.

Windows 10 update history

Best Regards,

Will

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:15 AM