none
Bulk unpublish documents in document library 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

Is it possible to Unpublish a load of documents at the same time in a document library?

I can select individuals and then upublish, but I have 100's.  The moment I select more than 1 Unpublish gets greyed out.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:56 PM

All replies

• The GUI only allow unpublish one at one time, it is by design.

If you want to unpublish multiple documents at a time, you need to write your own code for this.

For example, write a PowerShell or Console application to do this.

Call the UnPublish method.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Learn Microsoft 365 from Microsoft DOCs now!
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, it's possible. You could unpublish a load of documents at the same time through content and structure.

Please go to site settings-> Content and structure under Site Administration section-> Select the document library, select the files you want to unpublish , click Actions-> unpublish. Like this:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:28 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? Is there any update on your issue?

Please remeber to mark the reply as an answer if it helps you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:42 AM