Query execution failed for dataset RRS feed

• Question

• I have moved our SQL Server 2008  (including Reporting Server) to a new machine and then restored the ReportServer database.

Everything looks ok, but when I try to run a report, I get this error message - can you please help me understand how to fix?

An error occurred during client rendering.

An error has occurred during report processing.

Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'.

Semantic query execution failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.KPI_1_progress'.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:32 AM

Answers

• It seems that after the move, the connection string was not set properly ... going to models > and selecting the model properties and updating the connecting details seems to have solved the problem
    • Marked as answer by joseph.renzi Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:41 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:41 AM

All replies

• Starting at the Start

Confirm your datasource is pointing to the right data

Then confirm your user has the right permissions to see dbo.KPI_1_progress.

The initial dataset1 problem indcates the problem isn't related to you moving the server, just where your datasource for the report is pointing and permissions.

Best Wishes, The Redman; If something helps, please help show it by voting, if it solves, bonus!

• Marked as answer by Mike Yin Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:37 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by joseph.renzi Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:40 AM
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:41 AM

• Looking at error description, it seems your DataSet cannot find object "dbo.KPI_1_progress". Kindly ensure DataSource/Connection String your DataSet is pointing to is valid after migration.
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:42 AM
  • It seems that after the move, the connection string was not set properly ... going to models > and selecting the model properties and updating the connecting details seems to have solved the problem
    • Marked as answer by joseph.renzi Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:41 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:41 AM