Netflix Silverlight issue RRS feed

• Question

• Netflix is not working properly AT ALL on my computer.

When I try to watch anything, the video plays in the middle of a tiny black strip across the top of my computer. The black strip is about an inch wide, so the video is like an inch by an inch big. There are also no controls available!!!

Is this a Silverlight issue? Is it a Windows issue? (Windows 7) I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight.

I also contacted Netflix and went through every possible solution they had for the issue, and none of the solutions worked which lead me to believe that this is a Silverlight issue.

I have watched plenty of Netflix videos without any issue, so this is a new problem which makes it very confusing and very frustrating.

Please help me with any suggestions.

Thank you.

Monday, July 14, 2014 4:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

May be you didn't clear the corrupt silverlight when you try to uninstall and reinstall silverlight.

please try to clean the corrupted Silverlight installation and reinstall the Silverlight. For more information, please try to refer to the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523/en-us  

Besides, when you install silvelight in your computer, you should verify your system requirements, make sure you are running a Silverlight-compatible Windows operating system , browser and you have uninstalled previous version of Silverlight. Please refer to the link below to get more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/default.aspx?reason=unsupportedplatform  

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Jonny_D Monday, July 21, 2014 1:13 AM
    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:47 AM