none
Why this Error message on Debugging a VB.Net project? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,

I am unable to Debug any of my VB.Net projects - many months ago I was able to debug all my projects -; on clicking the "Start Debug" button, I get this error message.

I can see the file the message mention; it is there.  Sometimes, if I try debugging any project for the 1st time, it works but debugging for the 2nd time it gives the error message.

Can any of you help me on this please?

Thanks

VKSBK

A Real Novice Programmer !

• Moved by KareninstructorMVP Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:20 AM Moved from vb.net forum
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:56 AM

All replies

• Did you do what the message suggest. 

Verify that the folder exist and it is not readonly?

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:08 AM
  • Hello,

This is a Visual Studio issue so I'm moving your post to the Visual Studio forum.

In the mean time try closing Visual Studio, delete the Bin folder in the dialog you are showing and also the obj folder, restart Visual Studio and try again.

Note Make sure the program closed properly after the first time and it's not open outside of Visual Studio.

Note that you should not hide the path, nothing we have not seen before and there is nothing anyone can do with that information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:19 AM
  • Hi, Cor Ligthert,

Yes, I did. The file is there and the folder where it is NOT Readonly.

Thanks

VKSBK

A Real Novice Programmer !

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:18 PM
  • Hi V.K.S.B.K,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Based on this error, please have a try these suggestions below:

## Please enable "Click-Once Security settings"

## Please install certificates of your vshost.exe

Right-click your project -> Click Properties -> Digital Signatures -> select microsoft certificate -> Details -> View Certificate -> Install Certificate -> NEXT -> NEXT -> FINISH

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Hi V.KS.B.K,

Did you try Dylan's suggestions to troubleshoot your issue?

In addition to this, please right-click on your project-->Porperties-->Debug-->uncheck the Enable the Visual Studio hosting process.

More information you can refer to this link:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/1279acda-6a66-4ee4-a4fb-b99b0c145201/having-trouble-with-the-debugger-file-being-used-by-another-process?forum=vsdebug

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 9, 2019 10:17 AM