none
Visual Styles not enabled in PowerPoint VSTO Add-in RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed some VSTO add-ins for Excel, PowerPoint and Word, using .NET 4.6.1, Office interops V15 and VSTO v10. The add-ins share a user control that is added to a task pane. In Excel and Word, check boxes and radio buttons on the user control appear flat but in the PowerPoint add-in they display with the older 3D style. This effect can be replicated in the Word and Excel add-ins by commenting out the line of code that calls EnableVisualStyles on the application object during start-up but I can see that this call is being made in the PowerPoint add-in. I have tried creating other PowerPoint VSTO add-ins using the same framework, interop and VSTO versions and my check boxes and radio buttons appear flat as expected. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is going on or where to look in the code for answers? Unfortunately there are many thousands of lines of code so I cannot paste it all here.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

PS Extensive searches on Google have not yielded anything useful so please don't Google "VSTO Visual Styles not working" and paste the top 5 links with the comment "Have you tried these?". Thanks.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hello Pete,

Can you reproduce the issue with a newly created sample add-in project?

Did you have a chance to compare configuration files (manifests) of the host applications? Are there any difference? 

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Saturday, July 11, 2020 11:19 AM