Silverlight Beta 2 installation fails RRS feed

• General discussion

• I do not have silverlight installed on my m/c but I have VS 2008 installed.  Am trying to install Silverlight Beta 2 on it. When I install the silverlight_chainer.exe, I get the following error.

An Error Has Occurred:

Silverlight Tools cannot be installed because one or more of the following conditions is true:  

1. Visual Studio 2008 RTM is not installed.

2. The Web Authoring feature of Visual Studio is not installed.

3. A previous version of the Silverlight Runtime is installed.

4. A previous version of the Silverlight SDK is installed.

5. The Visual Studio Update KB949325 is installed.

6. A previous version of Silverlight Tools is installed.

I have checked and vs 2008 is installed, web authoring is installed, I have removed everything silverlight related and KB949325 also is removed. I dont know what to do now.

Am having the toughest time in my life installing and uninstalling things in here.  Before I go about uninstalling VS 2008, can somebody please help me with this?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:21 PM

All replies

• What version of VS 2008 do you have?  Standard or above?  Express is not currently supported.

Is your Silverlight Tools installer the same language as your VS installation?  Make sure the languages match.

Can you confirm that the Web Development tool is actually installed.  In your registry, check for:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0\Packages\{349C5850-65DF-11DA-9384-00065B846F21}

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:37 PM