Silverlight slow processing in Firefox browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

Generally, Firefox seems faster than IE but in my Silverlight application it works a hundred times slower.

All I do is process the JavaScript code from inside the Silverlight 5 application making use of

System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.Window.Eval(s);

where "s" contains a JS code.

Why it is happening? Is there any way to improve the Firefox performance?

Thanks.

Friday, September 23, 2016 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Renziglov,

According to your description, I create a sample Silverlight application which contains Javascript code used to popup a string message. It works the same faster in my IE 11 and Firefox49.0.

What process does the JavaScript code do in your Silverlight application? Please replace the JavaScript code to sample process, such as popup a message, which can help us check whether this issue related to the JavaScript code.

And please check your Firefox, whether it installed any other plugins and packages which will effect the browser performance. You could try disable this plugins and packages in Firefox and try your code again.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Renziglov,

According to your description, I create a sample Silverlight application which contains Javascript code used to popup a string message. It works the same faster in my IE 11 and Firefox49.0.

What process does the JavaScript code do in your Silverlight application? Please replace the JavaScript code to sample process, such as popup a message, which can help us check whether this issue related to the JavaScript code.

And please check your Firefox, whether it installed any other plugins and packages which will effect the browser performance. You could try disable this plugins and packages in Firefox and try your code again.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, September 26, 2016 5:41 AM
  • Hello

Of course, it is not a popup-showing code. It is processing series of report events. My custom report has bands and band events and while processing it the JavaScript engine works like crazy. For example it processes 7000 rows with header and footer for each with dozens of JS calculated elements on each row.

Anyway, IE takes 45 seconds to process that result set; the Firefox takes 15 minutes.  

Difference is enormous. Why Firefox brakes?

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:06 PM
  • Hi Renziglov,

Since this issue only occurs in Firefox, I'm afraid that there has any compatibility issue between your JavaScript code and Firefox. So I suggest you post this issue to Firefox support forum to check whether there has any issue in Firefox.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:59 AM