none
Create a BOT which display holiday list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to create a BOT using javascript ...when User types India holiday list..then it should return the list or calendar of all Indian Holidays list with their description.I am displaying the results in BOT emulator. Following is the webpart...on click of request these all values should be diaplyed in modal to recheck all values

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:40 AM

All replies

• This looks like a scenario to use a QNA bot with a knowledge base of information about holidays. Here is a quick and easy way to get it up and running.

1. Go to QnA portal and create a KB of any holiday list. 

2. The source of the list can be any valid KB file format or any URL with this list. For example, I have used this public URL

https://www.calendarlabs.com/holidays/india/2019

3. Once the KB is created with this source test and publish the KB from the QnA portal. After the KB is published you have an option to create a bot 

4. Test your KB from the QnA portal with a query. 

5. Click on create bot from step 3 and it will redirect you to create a QnA bot in Azure portal where you have an option to choose the language C# or NodeJS. Choose all the settings required and create a bot. 

6. Once the bot is created you can see "Test in web chat" option that can be used to test your bot before it can be used in any application. Type a query "List of National holidays" and the response should include the list we populated in the KB

You can check the steps to create/train and publish a KB in QnAMaker here.

-Rohit

Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:18 AM
  • hi,

Cant we do it using node js..like creating a BOT using link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/bot-service/javascript/bot-builder-javascript-quickstart?view=azure-bot-service-4.0...and then writing code in javascript and display the result in BOT emulator

• Edited by varshagupta Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:42 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:42 AM