none
No Active Subscriptions in Sandbox Directory RRS feed

• Question

• I signed up for the Azure sandbox per the learnign modules.  When I try to follow a tutorial, I get this error message:

You are currently signed into the 'Microsoft Learn Sandbox' directory which does not have any subscriptions. You have other directories you can switch to or you can sign up for a new subscription.

How can I fix this, or re-create the sandbox?  I don't want to do the tutorials on my paid account.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:50 PM

All replies

• I signed up for the Azure sandbox per the learnign modules.  When I try to follow a tutorial, I get this error message:

You are currently signed into the 'Microsoft Learn Sandbox' directory which does not have any subscriptions. You have other directories you can switch to or you can sign up for a new subscription.

How can I fix this, or re-create the sandbox?  I don't want to do the tutorials on my paid account.

Good day,

Go back to the learning model and start it over. A new "Microsoft Learn Sandbox" should be created for you if you are have permission for that learning module. These are temporarily entities which you need to use for the learning only and once you stop using them they might be cleared.

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:03 AM
  • Thanks Ronen,

I've tried that today and now the portal doesn't have an Azure sandbox attached to it (it doesn't show up as a directory) even though the Learn module says that a new one was activated.  When I first activated a new sandbox this morning I saw the same error about no active subscriptions, but after signing out and back in again it doesn't even show up.  

Signing out and back into the Learn module still shows the sandbox as active.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:57 PM
  • I let my sandbox expire from this morning and then tried to re-create it.  When I logged into the Azure Portal, it was on the learn directory, but didn't have a subscription.  I switched to my main directory but when I tried to switch back, the learn/sandbox directory wasn't there anymore even though the learn module says it's active.

For reference the Learn exercise I'm testing out is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/welcome-to-azure/4-exercise-create-website

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 10:12 PM