none
Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Good day!

I have installed a license version of Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2017 and I am able to create a main project folder. However, I am facing a problem creating a new aspx file within this main project folder.

Kindly advice/assist accordingly

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:32 AM

All replies

• Hi my friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Do you mean you want to add a new aspx file into your newly created ASP.NET project? If so, please right click the project name under the Solution Explorer, Add-New Items-Installed and choose the item template that you want to create and add into this project like the following:

For more detail information, please check this: How to: Add Files to ASP.NET Web Projects in Visual Studio

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:17 AM
  • Hi Francis,

Does your issue is solved or not? If I misunderstand your meaning, please feel free to let us know.

>> However, I am facing a problem creating a new aspx file within this main project folder.

Could you please provide more detail information about the above problem? Cannot find the aspx file template or get the error message during this process…, please re-run the VS installer as administrator and More-Repair to repair VS 2017.

For more ASP.NET development issue, you can also redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/ and start a new thread to seek for a better support, our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 17, 2017 5:42 AM
  • Hi Francis92,

Like the following screen shot, if you just right click folder “NewFolder1”, it really has no project file like aspx file or others.

But if I right click the specific project(WebApplication1) in the folder "NewFolder1", I could add them.

Since you want to add certain project file, we need to add them to the specific project, not the whole solution, that's reason you couldn't add them.

In addition, we didn't get your response for several days, if you have any issues, please feel free to share it here.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 9:24 AM