none
Visual Studio 2010 - C# editor - doesn't load project class references RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if it's called "Class references" but basically my problem is that when I open my project, it doesn't recognize classes (in the same file or anywhere in the solution).

For example, if there's a class SomeClass, typing "new SomeClass()" will not be highlighted in teal color, and if I right-click it it doesn't give me the option to "Go to definition" or "Find References". With this, the IDE kind of looses all it's functionality, as autocomplete doesn't work either.

I have noticed that this works with other projects, even works with another set of sourcecode that is very similar (a fork), but I have just created that other project from scratch today.

Is there any setting that I have accidentially changed?

Or should I re-create my project file from scratch (importing .cs files)?

(I have tried to restart the computer in case this would be due to some crashed background process).

Sunday, February 3, 2013 2:06 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your response, I looked around the .csproj and .sln files but I couldn't find anything that would cause this problem.

As i was rebuilding the project from the source files, at some point the vshost process crashed and after I turned it all around and then finally put it back exactly as it previously was, it worked. So I'm thinking the vshost process stalled somehow.

Sunday, February 3, 2013 5:40 PM

All replies

• On 2/2/2013 9:06 PM, Papler wrote:

>
    > Or should I re-create my project file from scratch (importing .cs files)?

that is an option.

But if I recall correctly,  there is a text file at the solution level
    and the project level that gives the definitions of what's in the
    solution for projects,  and what is in the project for references and
    whatnot.

You should find these file,  look at them and edit them to make
    corrections. You may have to look at these files in another solution to
    see if you can see something. These files should be the same name of the
    solution or project files within the solution with a different extension
    type..

Sunday, February 3, 2013 2:25 AM
  • Thank you for your response, I looked around the .csproj and .sln files but I couldn't find anything that would cause this problem.

As i was rebuilding the project from the source files, at some point the vshost process crashed and after I turned it all around and then finally put it back exactly as it previously was, it worked. So I'm thinking the vshost process stalled somehow.

Sunday, February 3, 2013 5:40 PM
  • Hi Papler,

Glad to know you  have solved this problem, have a nice day!

Regards,

Lisa Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 4, 2013 5:49 AM