none
Visual C# General RRS feed

• Question

•  

I do not two down load any software two install on my computer.

I wood like see it online service.

When will visual c # general put online as a online service.

And needs two hook online with popfly online.

www.popfly.com

Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• There is already and rss feed for the forum you can use and expose through popfly:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/rss.aspx?postID=2894846&forumID=31

Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:52 PM
  • I don't think you will see an online Visual Studio anytime soon.  A couple of technical issues I can think of are that you need to generated executables, dlls etc so how would an online service be able to do that, you would continually have to be downloading the executable anyway from the online service.  Also for debugging it would not be possile for an online tool to have an integrated debugging experience, so you would have to dowload another debugger such as WinDbg anyway.  I guess a remote desktop kind of experience where you have another desktop on a remote machine would be possible.

The Visual Studio Express installs are pretty quick to install, I would bite the bullet and just install it locally.  You could also use VirtualPC to install Visual Studio in a virtual OS on your computer so that you are not installing directly to your main computer, that way you can keep it relatively clean.

Mark.

Saturday, February 23, 2008 5:17 PM